Barn Base Finished
As I said earlier I decided not to put too much into the base as the car would be the vocal point. I painted onto the base a mixture of white paint, water down and added some Vallejo “English Uniform” to add a brown colour to it. Once this had gone tacky I sprinkled horse hair cut into short lengths over it to simulate straw.
I then gave it a light spray of water down scatter grip, over this I scattered on some more horse hair.
Once the glue had dried I sprayed several light coats of Vallejo “English Uniform” and “Iraqi Sand” to give the straw a more dried old/dusty look.
The base is now ready for the car. Once I had finished the rusting with Mig Pigments Old, Standard & Light Rust I sprayed several light coats of Vallejo “Satin Varnish” over the car.
Once this had dried, I sprayed a light coat of LifeColour “Dust” over the entire model to tie in the rusting, to give the effect of the car having sat in the barn for a long time.
And that’s it, Job done.
I am pleased with the result of my first attempt at the Salt Technique, next time I will use the Hair Spray Technique using Vallejo’s Chipping Medium.